Teaching Assistant Level 2 – 32.5 hours per week
Welton Primary School is a friendly, popular and vibrant community. We are seeking talented, highly skilled and energetic individuals to join our team of exceptional support staff.
You will need to enjoy working with individual pupils who have needs in relation to social communication, sensory difficulties and learning, but should also have the confidence and ability to work with larger groups of children alongside the class teacher.
At Welton we are passionate about children and childhood. We believe children should be nurtured yet challenged in a very special learning environment which values the uniqueness of each of our pupils. The Welton community is a learning community.
The successful candidates must:
• be able to demonstrate the criteria in the job specification
- be adaptable in responding to the needs of the school
• have an interest in a nurturing curriculum, concrete and outdoor learning
• demonstrate a child centred approach to removing barriers for learning
• be able to adapt and produce resources for learning
• be resilient to change and emotionally challenging situations
• put the child at the centre of all their work
• be able to demonstrate expertise and excellent subject knowledge across SEND e.g. speech and language programmes, social groups
• be able to demonstrate a nurturing and restorative approach to maintaining very high standards of learning behaviours