Teaching Assistant Level 2 – 32.5 hours per week
One of the roles available requires the ability to coach sport in addition to other duties, please be clear which role you wish to be considered for.
Welton Primary School is a friendly, popular and vibrant community. We are seeking talented, highly skilled and energetic individuals to join our team of exceptional support staff.
You will need to enjoy working with individual pupils who have needs in relation to social communication, social emotional difficulties and learning, but should also have the confidence and ability to work with larger groups of children alongside the class teacher.
At Welton we are passionate about children and childhood. We believe children should be nurtured yet challenged in a very special learning environment which values the uniqueness of each of our pupils. The Welton community is a learning community.
The successful candidates must:
- be able to demonstrate the criteria in the job specification
- be adaptable in responding to the needs of the school
- have an interest in a nurturing curriculum, concrete and outdoor learning
- demonstrate a child centred approach to removing barriers for learning
- be able to adapt and produce resources for learning
- be resilient to change and emotionally challenging situations
- put the child at the centre of all their work
- be able to demonstrate expertise and excellent subject knowledge across SEND e.g. speech and language programmes, social groups
- be able to demonstrate a nurturing and restorative approach to maintaining very high standards of learning behaviours
- be able to keep careful assessment records and summarise these in end of term/year reports
- be able to plan sequences of learning to deliver the national curriculum
- be able to be responsible for classes, groups and individual pupils
Visits to the school are encouraged, by appointment only.