Specialist SEND Teaching Assistant
Welton Primary School is a friendly, popular and vibrant community. We are seeking a talented, highly skilled and energetic individual to join our team of exceptional support staff team as soon as possible.
The role requires a very special individual who thrives on making a difference to the lives of the children with the most need. If you have experience of and have enjoyed working with children with ASD, ADHD and sensory needs you will find this role particularly rewarding.
A strong skill set is important but being a champion and advocate for real inclusion, high expectations and believing in the potential of all children is essential for this role.
The successful candidate must:
- be able to demonstrate the criteria in the job specification
- be committed to the role and its responsibilities
- demonstrate loyalty to the school and the pupils
- champion and celebrate the unique qualities of the most vulnerable pupils, especially on the challenging days
- be a role model as a learner, proactively seeking new skills and knowledge
- demonstrate a child centred approach to removing barriers for learning
- be able to adapt and produce high-quality resources for learning
- be resilient to change and emotionally challenging situations
- put the child at the centre of all their work
- be able to demonstrate a nurturing and restorative approach to maintaining very high standards of learning behaviours
- be able to keep careful assessment records
At Welton we are passionate about children and childhood. We believe children should be nurtured yet challenged in a very special learning environment which values the uniqueness of each of our pupils. The Welton community is a learning community.