Specialist SEND TA
We require a specialist SEND teaching assistant to provide expert support to individual and groups of pupils with a high level of need.
At Welton we are passionate about children and childhood. We believe children should be nurtured yet challenged in a very special learning environment which values the uniqueness of each of our pupils. The Welton community is a learning community.
The successful candidate must:
- be able to demonstrate the criteria in the job specification
- have an interest in a nurturing curriculum, concrete and outdoor learning
- demonstrate a child centred approach to barriers for learning
- be able to adapt and produce resources for learning
- be resilient to change and emotionally challenging situations
- put the child at the centre of all their work
- be able to demonstrate expertise and excellent subject knowledge across SEND e.g. speech and language programmes, social groups
- be able to demonstrate a nurturing and restorative approach to maintaining very high standards of learning behaviours
- be able to keep careful assessment records and summarise these in end of term/year reports
- be able to plan sequences of learning to deliver the national curriculum
- be able to be responsible for classes, groups and individual pupils
- be able to lead training, coach staff and contribute to monitoring and evaluation
Please visit the school website at weltonprimaryschool.com to find out more about the school. Visits are very welcome.