GENERAL KITCHEN ASSISTANT
We are seeking to appoint a General Kitchen Assistant to join our team at Welton Primary School.
This post will suit someone who has some working knowledge of commercial catering.
The ideal candidate will desirably hold/or attained in the past a level 2 Food Hygiene qualification with some knowledge of special dietary needs or be willing to attend the necessary courses to gain the appropriate knowledge and skills. There is potential for further development and to deputise for the Cook Manager for the right candidate.
The job involves assisting the Cook Manager with the preparation, cooking and serving of meals (including a range of special dietary requirements) to the children and staff at the school, in accordance with: -
- Current Food Safety regulations.
- School Food Standards.
- Health & Safety regulations.
We are seeking a person who is: -
- Committed to providing and developing our service further.
- Good with children.
- Capable of working to a high standard without supervision.
- A team player.
- Able to assist in basic food preparation.
- Capable of carrying out cleaning in the kitchen to a high standard.
Please note the school takes the safeguarding and welfare of children very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.