Deputy Head Teacher Vacancy
DEPUTY HEADTEACHER FOR September 2019
Salary: min £46,430 max £51,234
A recruitment payment may be available to support re-location costs
Teaching commitment currently approx. 0.4 across the school
We, at Welton have a dream that our children will be proud, happy and confident; knowing that they are being nurtured, challenged and encouraged to ignite their own unique spark of genius, so that it catches fire and shines.
This is an opportunity for an exceptional leader who thrives on challenge, hard work and holding children at the centre of all their actions.
The successful candidate will have a proven record and leadership experience of holding staff to account to improve pupil outcomes, teaching and learning and curriculum provision.
The Governors at Welton require a Deputy Head who will:
- Join the school community to make a difference to the outcomes and wellbeing of the children
- Be prepared to work beyond the school day when necessary
- Stand beside the Headteacher to provide ethical and authentic leadership
- Have exceptionally high expectations for themselves, staff and pupils
- Have exceptional aspirations for the most vulnerable pupils
- Provide consistently outstanding teaching and learning
- Will work in partnership with the Headteacher to hold staff to account in relation to the achievement of pupils
- Adopt and champion the values and leadership charter of Welton School
- Accelerate the school’s journey to becoming outstanding as defined by OFSTED
The pupils have told us that they want the Deputy Head to:
- have stickability and be willing to give up their time to keep helping them
- know how to find solutions to their problems
- have respect for how the school is and not change too many things
- be firm, fair and strict when necessary
- be brave and confident
- be encouraging, kind and understanding
- be funny, with a sense of humour
If you think Welton might be the place for you please arrange a visit to see the school in action.
Closing date: 8 February 2019
Shortlisting: week beginning 11th February 2019
School visits: week beginning 25th February 2019
Interviews: week beginning 4th March